Damask patterns use one of the five basic weaving techniques of the early Middle Ages and derive their name from the city of Damascus in Syria. Use this on the sides of your cake to conjure up the mystique and beauty of the land of spice and olives.
Elementals' stencils are made from food grade plastic and are easy to use to achieve high quality stenciled patterns on cake sides or tops.
Size 272mm X 100mm (including holding plate)
It is best to stencil onto a cake which had been iced and left to harden for a little while, using royal icing, lustre (cake dust) or a coloured food mist.
- Position stencil on the smooth surface of a cake
- Hold gently but firmly with thumb and fore finger
- Gently scrape a thin layer of icing over the stencil with an angled palette knife
- Holding one side of the stencil, gently lift the opposite side and remove from the cake
- Continue the pattern as required
- Clean gently with warm soapy water and pat dry with a paper towel
What the experts say
"I have recently started to use Elementals stencils for cake decorating. I have found the stencils easy to use with chocolate and royal icing, the designs are contemporary and gives any cake a professional designer look. The stencils are made of sturdy plastic but are still flexible enough to bend around your cakes and are washable after use, I will definitely be using their stencils as much as possible as they provide a quick alternative to decorate a cake and save a lot of time." - Katrien Van Zyl of Katrien’s Cakes