Ice lollies with Zoku: Rosé & kiwi fruit
Making ice lollies at the dinner table without electricity? Sounds like something from Back to the Future. Lucky for us, we don’t need Michael J Fox to make this possible, all we need is a Zoku Quick Pop Maker.
Ingredients (to make 6 ice lollies):
200ml Rosé wine. For a non-alcoholic alternative, use sparkling grape juice.
15ml lemon juice
6 kiwi fruits
Zoku Quick Pop Maker
Zoku Quick Pop Maker Tool Kit (optional – you don’t need this to make lollies but it will help you make fancy lollies like these). For this recipe, you will need the star cutter, fruit wand and jug for pouring.
1. Store your Zoku in the freezer, ideally overnight.
2. Mix together the Rosé, water, lemon juice and syrup. Refrigerate until cool.
3. Slice the kiwi fruits ½ cm thick. Using the star cutter from the tool kit, cut out small star shapes and set aside. If you would like to make bigger star shapes, you can use a cookie cutter.
4. Take your Zoku out of the freezer. Place the kiwi stars onto the end of the fruit wand. Insert the fruit wand into the empty pop maker, pressing the fruit against the wall of the mould. The fruit will freeze to the mould quickly. Carefully remove the fruit wand and using the flat end of the stick press down on the fruit, securing it to the mould.
5. Insert the pop sticks and pour in the Rosé mix up to the fill line. You can add some mint too, if you like.
6. Leave your lollies for 7 minutes.
7. Remove each lolly with the super tool, clip on the drip guards and enjoy.
Ice lollies in 7 minutes, no electricity. Zoku, you’re the business.