Make lollies in 7 minutes with Zoku
Ever thought you could make ice lollies in 7 minutes without electricity? Like a man walking on the moon, it’s difficult to imagine but it’s possible. All you need is a little Zoku magic.
Here’s a winning recipe for peanut butter and dark chocolate lollies (check out that inner core).
Ingredients (to make 6 lollies):
Dark Chocolate outer layer
60g dark chocolate
Peanut Butter inner layer
30ml peanut butter
100ml vanilla yoghurt
Zoku Quick Pop Maker
Zoku Quick Pop Maker Tool Kit (optional – you don’t need this to make lollies but it will help you make fancy lollies, like these ones with an inner core). For this recipe, you will need the jug for pouring and the siphon that both come with this kit.
1. Store your Zoku in the freezer, ideally overnight.
2. To make the dark chocolate layer: melt the chocolate and water and whisk until smooth (you can pop it in the microwave). Add the cream. Refrigerate until cool.
3. To make the peanut butter layer: whisk together the peanut butter, cream and vanilla yoghurt. Refrigerate until cool.
4. Take your Zoku out of the freezer. Place the pop sticks into the Zoku pop mould and pour in the dark chocolate mixture up to the fill line. Wait and watch the outer layer freeze (this will take between 30 seconds and 2 minutes). The longer you wait the thicker the outer layer will be.
5. Use the siphon tool to extract the remaining unfrozen liquid from the mould. This will give you an inner core to fill.
6. Pour the peanut butter mixture into the prepared mould, up to the fill line.
7. Wait 7 minutes for your lollies to freeze.
8. Remove each lolly with the super tool and clip on the drip guards.
Dip in dark chocolate and enjoy with fresh cherries.
You can make three batches of lollies on your counter top or dinner party table before you will need to put your Zoku back in the freezer. Now that’s a party trick, don’t you think?