Making basic white bread in a bread maker
Ingredients (makes a 1kg loaf)
Water 1 ½ cup
Skimmed milk powder 4 tbsp
Sunflower oil 4 tbsp
Sugar 3 tbsp
Salt 2 tsp
Fast action yeast 1 ¼ tsp
Strong white bread flour* 4 cups
* I recommend the stoneground white bread flour from Eureka Mills available in most supermarkets
1. Add all of the ingredients to the bread pan in the exact order of the recipe
2. Place the bread pan inside the machine and twist to lock into place and close the lid
3. Select setting 1 (basic white or brown)
4. Wait for the time to go off in approximately 3 hours and enjoy!
With thanks to Karen Grandcourt for the beautiful pictures.