Making the most of your Magimix: roasted tomato soup
Making this soup in a Magimix is as easy as pie. Over the next few days we’re publishing articles to inspire Magimix magic but fear not friends, if you don’t yet have one of these beauties, you can still make these winning recipes with your blender or processor of choice.
Ingredients (serves 4)
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1kg tomatoes, halved length-ways – choose different varieties if you can
2 Tbsp olive oil
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
1 large red onion, finely chopped
1 cup chicken stock
Fresh chilli, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
Crispy bacon and small fresh basil leaves, to serve
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
2. Place your tomatoes onto a baking tray or oven-proof dish and drizzle with half the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 40 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender.
3. Remove the tomatoes from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add your onion and cook, stirring, for approximately 3 minutes or until soft.
5. Add your tomatoes, garlic and chilli and cook for a minute or two until fragrant. The Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker is pictured here, nice hey?
6. Add your stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
7. Allow to cool slightly and blend until smooth.
8. Re-heat before serving and garnish with fresh basil and crispy bacon pieces.
This hearty soup was devoured with gusto in our test kitchen a few weeks ago (check it out). Dust off your soup making boots and get blitzing.