Minichefs: chicken, butternut and feta pies
Blender or masher
Large muffin pan - we used this Master Class Non-Stick Muffin Pan
1 whole roast chicken – shredded
2 cups roast butternut, cubed
2 disks feta, broken up
2 rolls puff pastry
1 egg – whisked for glazing
1/2 cup chicken stock to moisten
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C and grease a large muffin pan.
2. Blend or mash 1 cup of roast butternut with the chicken stock to create a sauce for the pie.
3. Place the chicken, remaining cup of butternut and feta into a bowl. Add the sauce and mix together well.
4. Roll out the pastry and cut 6 circles with a saucer – check that they are big enough to line the large muffin pan with a small overhang. Roll out the remaining pastry and cut 6 pie lids.
5. Share the pie filling between the 6 pans then fold over the pastry.
6. Brush with milk/egg before adding the lid. The milk ensures that the lid sticks to the pastry base.
7. Make a few holes in the lid with a fork then brush with egg to ensure a golden brown pie-top.
8. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until browned on top.
Leftover braai meat, casserole or roast veggies also work a treat.
Inspired to get busy in the kitchen with your Minichefs? Browse all recipes suitable for Minichefs.