Roasted butternut and feta wraps
Ingredients (for two tortilla wraps):
1/4 large butternut (300-400g, diced)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Dash of olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1 round of feta
Handful of rocket
2 tbsp pesto
16 cherry tomatoes (chopped)
1/2 avocado (sliced)
2 tortilla wraps
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
2. Place your diced butternut into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with olive oil, cayenne pepper, sugar and a dash of salt.
3. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until just soft.
4. Once ready, remove and set aside. Put the tortillas in the oven for 2 minutes to warm through.
5. To fill your tortillas, lay them out flat on a plate and start with a layer of sliced avocado, followed by cherry tomatoes, then butternut, feta, 1tbsp of pesto on each, the washed rocket and a little salt and pepper.
6. Fold over the sides of the wrap slightly (as shown) and roll away from you into a cylinder (pulling the ingredients into the wrap as you go). This will ensure your wrap is tight and stays together. Cut diagonally and serve.
And there we have it. Quick and easy wraps that can make the sandwich sexy and give salads a wow factor.
Check out how to make your own whole wheat tortillas.