A brilliant brunch: flapjacks with blueberries and cream
Ingredients (serves 4):
1¼ cups self-raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp caster sugar
1 cup milk
½ cup double thick cream
½ cup syrup
1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and milk together. Slowly pour this mixture into the flour mixture, whisking until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of butter to the pan and swirl to coat base. Dollop large spoonfuls of batter into the pan to form 6cm rounds or use a batter dispenser to make this process a whole lot easier and to ensure your flapjacks are a consistent size.
4. Cook your flapjacks for 2 minutes or until small bubbles begin to appear on the surface. Turn over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining mixture, adding more butter to the pan as necessary.
5. Place your flapjacks onto a serving plate. Top with a dollop of double cream, sprinkle with blueberries and drizzle with syrup.
Sound good to you?